Technology in Civic Education

Picture of Michael Mulry
Thesis Research Survey–Social media driven polarization's impact on our day-to-day lives.
by Michael Mulry - Sunday, December 2, 2018, 9:26 AM

Hi everyone. I need your help…

I am collecting data to help identify the real-world impact of political polarization brought on by social media interactions. The data that I collect will be used for my Master’s Thesis to complete my degree in Political Science at American Public University. The ...

Read the rest of this topic
(163 words)

My bitmoji
Teaching in a 1:1 classroom
by Brianna Davis - Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 3:30 PM

I find that teaching civic education is more interesting now that I have 1:1 devices. The ability to find information is amazing,but I struggle with how to engage students in the tough conversations.  I recently held a structured academic conversation on Gun Control, but students were not into it.  The issue of how to prepare came up and what the next steps should be.  I now reach out to the civic education network - what should happen now?  We have google docs and the ability to present.  WHere do I go from here?

Picture of Patience LeBlanc
Movie Makers
by Patience LeBlanc - Monday, October 22, 2018, 1:37 PM

Need programs to share with your student in order to make movie clips? Check out the following 

iMovie  (apple)

Splice  (android)

WeVideo  (login with Google account)

Share a few of your own to this post! 

Picture of Learn Admin
Constiutitional Convention Tech activity
by Learn Admin - Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 11:18 AM

I'm having an observation next week from our district's consulting firm and they want to see the use of our 1:1 technology in the classroom.  I am teaching the Constitutional Convention that day and am looking for an engaging lesson that involves technology.  Any ideas??