If you are interested in obtaining the ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist certification, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the exam content. To ensure that you are well-prepared for the exam, PassQuestion offers the latest and most comprehensive ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist Exam Question which cover all the key concepts and skills that are tested on the exam, and are designed to help you identify areas where you may need additional study. By using our ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist Exam Question, you can increase your confidence and readiness for the ISA-IEC-62443 exam, and improve your chances of passing on your first attempt.
What is ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist?
The ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist exam is part of a certification program by the International Society of Automation. The program focuses on the ISA/IEC 62443 series of cybersecurity standards for industrial settings. The exam assesses knowledge of IT and control system security, including risk assessment and maintenance. The certificate serves as an entry-level certification for the broader ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Certificate Program. Candidates can pursue more advanced certificates after completion, such as the Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Specialist, Cybersecurity Design Specialist, and Cybersecurity Maintenance Specialist. Completion of all four certificates earns the ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Expert certificate.
While there are no required prerequisites or formal applications to begin this program, consider the following recommendations:
- You should have three to five years of experience in the IT cybersecurity field, with some experience in an industrial setting—at least two years specifically in a process control engineering setting
- Familiarity with the ISA/IEC 62443 standards is helpful
- The advanced courses do have recommended course prerequisites and experience, but they are not required
- Note that certificate one attainment is required to proceed to all other certificate levels
ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Certificate Path
The ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist exam is a knowledge-based exam that covers the complete lifecycle of industrial automation and control system (IACS) assessment, design, implementation, operations, and maintenance. The exam focuses on the terminology and concepts of industrial automation cybersecurity and is based on ISA/IEC 62443, which is the world's only consensus-based series of automation cybersecurity standards.
To take the exam, you need to complete a designated training course and pass a 75-100 question multiple-choice exam. Although there are no formal prerequisites to begin this program, it is recommended that you have three to five years of experience in the IT cybersecurity field, with some experience in an industrial setting. Familiarity with the ISA/IEC 62443 standards is also helpful.
The ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity certificate program offers four levels of certification:
- Certificate 1: ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist
- Certificate 2: ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Specialist
- Certificate 3: ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Design Specialist
- Certificate 4: ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Maintenance Specialist
Successful completion of Certificate 1 is required before taking the exams for Certificates 2, 3, and 4. The courses and certificate exams for Certificates 2, 3, and 4 may be taken in any order. Upon successful completion of all four certificates, you will be awarded the ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Expert certificate.
ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist Exam Preparation Tips
To prepare for the ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist exam, here are some recommended steps:
1. Study the official study guide: The official study guide is the most comprehensive resource for preparing for the exam. It covers all the topics that will be tested on the exam and provides detailed explanations and examples. Make sure to read the guide thoroughly and take notes on important concepts.
2. Review the exam objectives: The exam objectives are a list of topics that will be covered on the exam. Make sure to review these objectives and ensure that you have a good understanding of each topic. This will help you identify any areas where you need to focus your studying.
3. Take practice exams: Practice exams are a great way to get a feel for the types of questions that will be on the exam. They can also help you identify areas where you need to improve. You can find practice exams online or through the official study guide.
4. Gain practical experience: Practical experience in cybersecurity and networking can be very beneficial for understanding the concepts covered on the exam. Consider taking on cybersecurity projects or volunteering for cybersecurity-related tasks at work or in your community.
View Online ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist Free Questions
1.Which of the following is an element of monitoring and improving a CSMS?
A. Increase in staff training and security awareness
B. Restricted access to the industrial control system to an as-needed basis
C. Significant changes in identified risk round in periodic reassessments
D. Review of system logs and other key data files
2.Which of the following attacks relies on a human weakness to succeed?
3.Which steps are included in the ISA/IEC 62443 assess phase?
A. Cybersecurity requirements specification and detailed cyber risk assessment
B. Cybersecurity requirements specification and allocation of IACS assets to zones and conduits
C. Detailed cyber risk assessment and cybersecurity maintenance, monitoring, and management of change
D. Allocation of IACS assets to zones and conduits, and detailed cyber risk assessment
4.Which organization manages the ISA Secure conformance certification program?
A. American Society for Industrial Security
B. Automation Federation
C. National Institute of Standards and Technology
D. Security Compliance Institute
5.Which is an important difference between IT systems and IACS?
A. The IACS security priority is integrity.
B. The IT security priority is availability.
C. IACS cybersecurity must address safety issues.
D. Routers are not used in IACS networks.
6. What are the four main categories for documents in the ISA-62443 (IEC 62443) series?
A. General. Policies and Procedures. System, and Component
B. End-User, Integrator, Vendor, and Regulator
C. Assessment. Mitigation. Documentation, and Maintenance
D. People. Processes. Technology, and Training