Working with Special Populations

Picture of Patience LeBlanc
Free Translation APP Say Hi www.sayhitranslate.com
by Patience LeBlanc - Monday, October 8, 2018, 12:51 PM

Needing a free translation app to help communicate with students that speak different languages? Say Hi is a free and easy to use app for the phone. According to the website, the teacher can "Have a conversation in two languages and easily understand each other," 

The app is free from the Apple ...

Read the rest of this topic
(134 words)

Picture of Learn Admin
Google Translate
by Learn Admin - Monday, October 22, 2018, 1:29 PM

Google Translate is my friend!!! I do not work for Google, but a big shout out goes to those developers that have created Google Translate. This app is a great too to use on your phone or I pad when working with second language learners. Just the other day, I was able to have a tutorial ...

(124 words)

Picture of Learn Admin
Reading Backwards
by Learn Admin - Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 12:20 PM

When asking struggling learners to read, consider using a technique called backwards reading. First, always keep reading passages short (even if you have to shorten primary sources by only using the most important parts).  One paragraph or a one-pager is always a good place to start.  Have ...

(128 words)

Picture of Learn Admin
Grouping Students
by Learn Admin - Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 12:08 PM

Quote from Frances Sellers from Dickinson Independent School District, Texas 

"I placed my high needs students in a group with medium to high performers so that they would have someone to lead them. I also narrowed down what each high needs student was responsible for and gave them more ...

(129 words)